- Department of Anatomy is one of the largest departments in SreeBalaji Medical College spanning over an area of around 1500 sq.ft and is located in the ground floor of the college building.
- It has 2 big laboratories, gross anatomy (dissection hall) and histology.
- The dissection hall is a spacious area with a capacity for 250 students and provided with 2 modern fiber glass cadaver storage tanks and also other facilities like band saw and numerous charts and models for student's learning. In Histology lab slides are prepared regularly from human and animal tissues.
- In addition the department has 4 big demo rooms and a very large
- Lecture hall with all audio-visual aids like LCD projector, OHP and mike system. It has a large library cum seminar and the library has very large number of books and journals for both UG and PG level students.
- There is a huge museum in the department with state of art facilities M.
- Life like models, charts and numerous, mounted and unmounted specimens arranged Region wise
The department is well staffed with many experienced faculty who are post graduates and Ph.D Scholars and all of them are dedicated to teaching and research.
Postgraduate course in Anatomy:
MD postgraduate course in Anatomy was started in the year 2009
A reas of Research
Histogenesis of CNS, Thymus, suprarenal, submandibular salivary gland etc . Musculoskeletal disorders, Bone architecture, Placental variants, comparative histology of esophagus morphology and comparative histology of lymph nodes etc.