The Department was founded in 2003 with the goal of offering undergraduate study in Forensic Medicine and Toxicology to the students of Ill, IV, and V semester. The department is well equipped with adequate space for Professors and other teaching faculty.
- An air-conditioned lecture hall with power point presentation.
- A well-lit demonstration hall with overhead projector for taking classes for small Batches
- A bright and airy practical hall fitted with X ray lobbies and microscopes.
- An up to date department library with computer and data processing facility.
- Faculty offices.
- Museum- A big hall with charts, photographs, Pathology and Forensic specimens, bones, models and a wall mounted display board with different types of weapons.
Lecture classes taken with overhead projection and power point presentation. Time to time discussion of Medico Legal cases reported in newspapers. Importance of medical ethics, duties and obligations of medical practioner, professional misconduct and negligence are taught to the students.
Students are encouraged to take part in the seminar classes, poster presentation and quiz. Encouragement is given to the students to present papers in conferences. Batches of students are taken for Post mortem demonstration to the nearest Government Hospital every week. Students maintain an observation book to note down the details of the cases.