The department of Orthopaedics started in the year 2003, is a dynamic department
with adequate faculty members and adequate para medical and secretarial staff
functioning at the SreeBalaji Medical College and Hospital under The Bharath
University .It started with 60 beds and it now has 240 beds in three floors, with
separate male, female and paediatric sections.
- 6 OP Rooms functioning from 8 am to 3pm.
- 24 x 7 Trauma care center.
- Department attached well equipped laboratory.
- All wards have a mobile x ray unit.
- Computerised data management center.
- Independent and ward attached state of art equipped physiotherapy department.
- Separate room for the HOD and all professors, associate professors and assistants.
- Ward attached computerized office.
- 4 seminar halls for undergraduate and postgraduate teaching with audio visual facility.
- 4 nursing stations.
- 3major operation theatres with c-arm, arthroscope and state of art gadgetry.
- 2 minor OT’S
- 2 plastering rooms with qualified technicians.
- 20 bedded state of art post op ICU.
The thrust areas of the Department Include
1. Undergraduate and Postgraduate Orthopaedic Education.
2. Safe and quality Health Care to patients with Trauma and Musculoskeletal Problems.
3. Research both Basic and Clinical.